Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Is it over YET (2008)

Just walking along, minding my own business when WHAM it hits me right in the face. I mean WHAM smack dab-in-the-middle-of-the-FACE.

For gosh-sakes people we only had one more day left until we ended this damn year called 2008, a year when I didn't think much more could happen.
Well, as usual I was wrong.

Hello, earth to Michelle - maybe you are not as flexible as you think you are. *You know you can no longer do a back bend or bring your toes to your nose.
An open mind, yeap that is what 2009 is going to require, flexibility, changes, hopefully income.

So I have kept everyone waiting long enough here is the scoop.
My husband quit his job yesterday. Oh, yeah - not fired: QUIT.
Stop take a second, grab right hand and pull mouth up off floor.
Stop the uncontrollable laughter that is ringing in my ears and be serious for one moment.
As in NO WORK, no JOB, and no GAME PLAN.
Oh, I see now - you have lost your 'effing mind!
Good times people, I am thrilled.....

Two days ago we were talking and he was telling me he was swamped at work, and had steady work until at least April or May. Hey, that is good news (right!). Two days ago I was beginning to feel like to recession would not hurt us too much. We are already cutting back. Full weeks of work for a man in construction / electrician is a good deal -esp these days.

Then two days later he walks into his office an quits. Well, actually - they call him and the other guys into the office. They are informing my husband and the crew that their boss was fired earlier that day.
Ohhhh......
So, since his boss was fired, Lance told them he would not work for anyone else.
*noble - yes. good move? um...remains to be seen.
Lance being the stand up worker that he is, actually went into work today to finish a job he was working on. He didn't want to leave it hanging or unfinished. He went by the office this morning to make sure it was okay. The president and VP were not in, so the number 3 guy gave him his phone back and let him finish out the day.
They were not going to fire him or anyone else.
But, no else there knows the communication side, which is the side Lance works on.

But what now?? No game plan, no back up job, just being noble.
Ahh, my night in shining armor - who has spent 2008 making us laugh, gasp, and now shocked.

We laughed when he called my boss a 'cocksucker', we gasped when he gave out his social and credit card over the phone, and now one day before the end of this 'effing year we are shocked.
For the life of me, I just didn't think he had it in him.
Well, take my hand honey - we will walk down this yellow brick road together. frick & frack; yin & yang; employed & unemployed, broke & bankrupt
Have an extra drink of champagne for me. --
Happy New Years, glad I could spend 2008 sharing my life with you.
Hugs all around. Cheers!

3 comments:

Terra said...

I am not sure why I am typing, I haven't a clue what to say, 'cept my jaw is still stuck to the floor... men?

I better not say anything or mine will somehow do it too...

A Buns Life said...

I am just shaking my head....your hubby never ceases to amaze me. I hope it all works out ok. Hugs to you!!!

Farrell said...

YIKES!!! Um,perhaps he should have uh, discussed this with you BEFORE making the decision?

Kids

Kids
Nieces & Nephews and Kids...