Pee-Wee Football (Superbowl Winners)

Getting T.O.U.G.H before the game. Rylan and I riding in back, getting tough. He has his game face on.
The game was a tough one, as a Superbowl should be......we played in St. Genevieve, and they had home field advantage.
We won the game 6 to 0, no one scored for the first 3 qtrs, it came down to the last quarter. We knew whomever would score first would win.
Lance as usual was a nervous ninny - he smoked close to two packs of cigarettes during the game. All the while me and his father sat in the bleachers cheering for our team. Grandpa would knock his cane on the metal bleachers when the team did well.
As we scored, and the time ran out a tear strolled down Grandpa's cheek and he stated 'Nancy would have lov'd this.'
*He is so right, Nancy luv'd football and baseball. Even on her healthiest day, you could find her in front of the TV catching her beloved Cardinals, watching Ice Skating or Mizzou Football. She would have been one of Rylan's greatest fans.
And she would have had one up on me, she prob would have understood all of the flags and calls.
I did good to know that Rylan played Offense. Other than that, I don't know much more about the game.
I am more proud than words can express. Not only because they won. That was a nice touch to the whole environment.
This season was such an esteem builder for my son. It was a character builder for my child who at birth was labeled 'failure to thrive', who doctors characterized as weak, abnormal, and special needs.
With each passing year, I let go of their labels and embrace the thriving child in front of my eyes. They set me up to believe that my child was doomed to fail from the start, luckily we never held on to notions they set in front of us. The labels are always in the back of my mind, never in the forefront - perhaps that is why we have proven them wrong. I am sure it has something to do with this child's drive, passion and disposition.
*His success is his to carry and wear like a badge of honor, I have been lucky enough to have been chosen to be his mother. He has taught me so much about life, kindness and labels.


However, I must admit - I prepared him that it was okay to lose. There can only be one winner. It is Good to be the Winner.
**Congrats to the Jefferson County Steelers****
The Superbowl Champions

Comments

Unknown said…
Woo Hoo! Congratulation!
Cheffie-Mom said…
Congratulations!! The pictures are great!
Jennifer said…
You are such a wonderful Mom! Rylan is who he is because of YOU! We did "beat" the odds didn't we? We are so blessed with our amazing boys........

XOX
Jen
Michelle said…
Yes, we beat the odd's - and I could not be more thankful.
I fear I did not have much to do with how excellant this child turned out to be. He has taught me so much, prob more than he will ever know.
BTW - Ruth is prego again!!! We should talk.

Popular posts from this blog

Pyper is 18! Watch out World, she is coming for you!

REALLY STUPID..

Joke - NOT funny.