Week from Hell..

First of all let me say I am sorry to my son Rylan - 'sorry, for your week of hell!'.



This past weekend we had a family wedding to attend, it was a nice party. Lance and I got dressed up, ate, had a few (too many) adult beverages. We did bring our kids to the wedding and an hour of the reception, then they were carted off to the baby-sitters. So the week from hell started on Sunday. We call this the 'recovery' day. I was mindful of Sunday while i enjoyed the wine at the wedding, Lance on the other hand threw caution to the wind and Jose became his best friend.

So at 6am, when Pyper got up, I struggled to get out of bed and search for the coffee and aspirins. Then 15 min later Rylan followed. Lance as usual was no where to be found - that is not true, he was sprawled out in the guest bed, with drool traveling out of his mouth.

So being the good wife that I am, I scooped up the kids and went to grandma's (next door) for coffee and donuts.

The game plan was go to the wedding on Sat, reception Sat night, then leave EARLY on Sunday to head back home. Rylan and Lance had tickets to see the Cardinals play. Lance did not even get out of bed until 9am, and he only got out then, because I let the kids crawl all over him. (EVIL - but funny).

At 10 am I look at Lance - as if to say, 'when are we leaving'. Mind you we live two hours away, we are staying at his brothers for the weekend. Lance deflects my glare.

10 minutes later I am once again looking at him.

He responds 'soon, gawd!'.

An hour later we are down at grandma's getting ready to watch the newlyweds open presents - what? How did we end up here??? Is it polite to leave in the middle of such a party? I say 'yes' Lance on the other hand does not think so.

I inform Lance, 'I, don't pay you to think'.

Anyway, Lance decides to speak with Rylan and some how they return and we are not going to the game. You know, the game which we ALREADY have tickets!! ugh.

So we stay ALL day in the country, we return home at 6pm. I drove. Only to discover we need to go to the store. I am dead, I cannot make it to the store. So we suffer thru the night on PB&J's.

Then before we know it, Monday arrives. Ugh, I dread Monday's. I drag my butt out of bed and begin to take inventory of the morning, then the day then the week.

Morning - pack lunches, backpack for Rylan, milk for Pyper (crap I forgot the milk!). t

the day - Rylan goes to day camp, me to work, Pyper babysitter. Then VBS! Oh, I forgot we had VBS this week 6:30 to 8:30. Crap, crap, crap. ......

Forget the week, I cannot get thru today.

We have day camp and VBS all week - Rylan is going to be beat. So back to my first sentence, Rylan, I am sorry I did not plan a better week for you. You are a product of 'always on the go!'.

Perhaps next week will be better - we can only hope!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pyper is 18! Watch out World, she is coming for you!

REALLY STUPID..

Joke - NOT funny.