Doctors - I may need one.

Monday, ugh. In case you don't know. I HATE Mondays.

Friday we spent 5 hours at Children's Hospital - it was Rylan's annual review. We saw the plastic surgeon, speech therapist, psychologist, ENT, pediatric dentist and the nurse. In our infant wisdom (stupidy) we decided to bring our 18 mth old daughter along for this 5 hour ordeal. Reminder - next time leave the other child at the sitters house.

The dentist is 'amazed' at how quickly Rylan has lost and received his 'big boy' teeth. This statement perks my interest. What exactly does this mean, I ask.

Well, it means now we can be ortho treatment. I my mind i hear 'cha-ching$, ching $. We need to schedule an appointment with another doctor so we can be in placing extenders in his mouth to prepare him for his bone graph. UGH.

Fine, I take notes, while Lance wrestles with Pyper in the corner.
Doctor # 2 - plastics. We discuss the surgery what it entails. I am sure I turned green - I felt sick. But I kept smiling, asking questions and make sure Rylan did not understand exactly what was being discussed. As he colored the doctor asked 'Are kids making fun of him?'

I reply -'no'

Doctor - 'just be prepared, they will'.

I reply - what??? Rylan knows he is cleft and everyone else knows too. We treat his clefting in the same manner we talk about his green eyes. (we don't know where they came from - i have blue / lance has brown).

I then proceed to inform the doctor that ' Rylan will cross that bridge when he gets to it. Right now he is more upset when his school-mates won't pick him for tag.'

Doctor #3 - Speech. Now repeat after me - Lizzy the lizard is lazy. Sam sipps soda. blah,blah.

We already get speech in the school district. Thanks!

Doctor #4 - Psychology. By this time, my kids are stirr-crazy. Small room, nothing to do (even though I packed color books, Nintendo etc). The Psychologist wants to know if Rylan is 'happy', I respond 'for the most part'. Mind you by now Rylan has resorted to hanging over the chair with his butt in the air. The Psychologist then questions - 'has he been tested for ADHD?' I laugh - 'No'. The Psychologist ' does he have a short attention span?' (by this time Rylan is pounding his check like an ape - for no apparent reason and Pyper is screaming and banging her head on the wall because we told her no!). I look at the guy ' you know, these children have been in here for 4 hours and seen multiple doctors. You will have take all of this into consideration. My son is not ADHD, he is a boy, he needs to go RUN around. My daughter is a drama queen, who hates to be told No. And they are both reaching their max. So please can you give me the questionnaire, I believe you are the last person we are seeing today.'

The doctor then asked Rylan' Rylan, how old are you?'

Rylan '6 (six)'

Doctor - 'How old is your sister?

Rylan - one (1), and my mom is 31 and my dad is 34.

Doctor - smiling

Me - Great! Thanks ....

Did I mention that was just the start of my weekend.

After the hospital, we went to the title company to complete our re-finance. My children once again were cooped up in a small office and acting like monsters.

Rylan swirling around in the executive chair, Pyper digging in the trash cans and playing with the phone.

Yes, I am CRAZY.

Then at 4pm, my sister meets us at the title company with her 4 kids and a min-van. Why....

Because I am CRAZY.

At 4:10 I loaded up my 2 kids, her 4 kids our luggage and my husband as we went to the country. Another hour and a half on the road. My kids still have yet to get outside and play. There is not enough wine in the world to cure this day.....but a drink sure would be nice.

In the car the kids are 8, 6, 6, 3, 2, 1 - all together now CRAZY!

Our car trip starts out with farting and all windows down - Gross!

We make it to my mothers by 6pm. Alias, my kids get out and run. They run around until they about fall over. My parents live on 80 acres so my children are safe outside - no traffic etc.

Over the weekend, one of the kids find my jewelry ( which I left out) - and now my wedding ring is missing. Topper to my weekend from hell.

I offered 10 bucks to any child that finds it first. We still cannot find it. So, god, if you can hear me....I am sure the ring is in a little space just sitting there waiting to be found. Please return it. I miss it.

Thanks.

Comments

Jennifer said…
I miss you :) You really make me laugh!!!!!!! What a great idea! However I NOW am dreading Matthew's October team visit even more :(. What surgery are we talking about :( :( We just did tubes AGAIN! :(

Popular posts from this blog

Pyper is 18! Watch out World, she is coming for you!

REALLY STUPID..

Joke - NOT funny.