Laughter - it helps

I hate Christmas.......I think it is too much fuss for the event.

I feel overwhelmed ever year - even thought I tell myself I won't get carried away, and I won't allow the pressure to happen again.

Well guess what, once again this year I failed.

I was luck enough to get a tree up, but we failed to put lights up outside.

We just could not get to it.

My son pointed it out to us once again last night "You know dad, we STILL dont' have lights outside."

Lance and shrugged ' yeah, we will try next year. This year we will drive around and look at everyone lights instead.'

*******************************************

We did begin to shop and wrap early, but once again I failed to get it all done.

And as of today (um the 22nd) I am STILL not done.

*************************************************************


We wake up this morning, and find a wrapped gift on our door stoop from our neighbors.

Don't get me wrong, I understand it is a NICE gesture - it is a box of chocolates and a card.

But you and I both know it is a re-gifter. And I will gladly return the favor, by re-gifting the jelly set my boss got me.

I would prefer that they ate the chocolate, or saved their money.

I feel pressure to return the polite gesture.

**************************************************************

Anyway, when I arrived at my office today, I received this...........

ENJOY.


CALMNESS IN OUR LIVES
I am passing this on to you because it definitely works, and we could all use a little more calmness in our lives. By following simple advice heard on the Dr. Phil show, you too can find inner peace.


Dr. Phil proclaimed, 'The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished.'


So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of Vodka, a package of Oreos, the remainder of an old Vicodin prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos, and a box of chocolates. You have no idea how freaking good I feel right now!

Happy Holidays!

*this is NOT Me, but it is funny....enjoy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL :)

Lights aren't important, gifts aren't important, wrapping paper isn't important... Forget the lights, get some stuff for your kids, go to the second hand store buy a bunch of pillowcases, throw the stuff for your kids in the pillowcases and attach a string/shoelace/rubber band to the top.

Then buy a really awesome ginger bread house (or if you are more crafty than me, buy the stuff to make one), and spend all day with the kids putting it together... The kids are the only part of the holiday that is important... ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Pyper is 18! Watch out World, she is coming for you!

REALLY STUPID..

Joke - NOT funny.