okay, so the guy called me and asked me to come in Monday night for a 2nd interview.
I made some arrangements - this is code for - Lance stayed home, until I got there.
I showed up at 5:10 for a 5:20 interview and for some reason I was nervous- I am not normally nervous. Anyhoo...I interviewed with a panel of 5, plus two on lookers. 5 - a panel of 5 (OMG). The one guy had 7 questions - typical interview questions, only I did not brush up on the typical interview questions. But I must have done pretty well, none the less.
I got an offer.
Today, I counter offered.
Which means as of now I am in a holding pattern.
The HR guy sends me an email that the board is reviewing my request and/or counter offer.
So here is my questions - should one counter offer?
I always thought it was to be expected.
I only upped the ante a few bucks more, but nothing too much or too extreme.
So tell me, do employers normally low-ball in hopes of a counter offer?
What is a respectable counter offer?
I asked for $3,000 more than the intital offer. Once again not a lot, but I think the expected thing to do is counter offer.
Some one throw me a bone!!!
Plus IF I take this new job, which is really similar to my current job - I plan to give two weeks notice, but take 4 weeks total. I am going to take 2 weeks in june to just chill w/ the fam'.
Plus I told the interview panel about my son's surgery - I need 2 weeks to care for my son during and after surgery. This request is not flexible. The panel seemed really responsive to this request. *let me state, a panel member works in a local NICU* I think that helps.
The lady I am replacing actually had 3 of her 4 kids at this place *they may actually be family friendly. dare I say. does it exist?*
So kids, this is where I am at.
Ohhh, then this morning I took my kids to the doctor and they BOTH have strep throat. That folks requires a place that is family friendly.
At my current job *aka hell hole* I had to miss a night meeting tonight due to the fact that I am caring for sick kids and hubby is working 2nd shift. We are in the middle of a give & take situation. I asked him to go in late yesterday so I could go on a interview / tonight I must give up a worksession.
He is stressed that he may be laid off soon. Perhaps we will both be home for a week or two - I suggest we hit the road w/ our kids and see the states. head west, I say, head west!!! time will tell. Our paths are windy, tricky and full of surprises. We are lucky to have each other and our little family. Keeping fingers crossed either way.