Spring & Sneezing...

Excuse me while I blow snot everywhere, sound like I have a frog in my throat, my head is pounding, my eyes are watering and I feel like crap. I am not sure which makes me feel worse, the allergies that have creeped up on me since my late 20's or the medicine that I need to take.
The medicine makes me 'twitchy', it puts me in overdrive and on edge.

On the other hand the pressure in my head, makes me unable to function.

Damn the spring time. I was literally out back yesterday sweeping the deck, it was a great spring day, Lance as mowing the lawn, the kids were playing and then suddenly it hit me like a ton of bricks. It being the pressure, the eyes watering, the agony in my head. I laid down on the porch yesterday and wanted to die.
Pyper walked by pushed me a bit and says 'mommy get up, mommy up.' I rolled over and looked at her with weary eyes...'not now honey, I sick.'

Rylan slept on the couch for 4 hours yesterday, the weather change puts him in a whirlwind as well. All of the stuff in the air sticks to the roof of his mouth and his sinus's since they are basically open from this clefting.

Speaking of Rylan we have been seeing an orthodontist for the last two weeks in preparation of a new applicance for him. He gets it put on this Wed, it is a 'W' applicance that is suppose to widen his palate and push is jaw forward - he will have braces by late summer. He is anxious about the appliance, I will need to keep alot of ice cream on hand to sooth his hurt soul this week. His mouth will be sore for a few days.

Pyper is doing well, she too is struggling with the weather change. We are running humidifiers, wearing vicks vapor rub and taking runny nose medicine on a regular basis. She is still sleeping with us every night she gets in bed around midnight. She is potty training like a champ, however she does not want to keep her clothes on. Yesterday, she was down the street a bit (we live on dead end), and she took all of her clothes off before I could get to her.

On a happy note. Lance and I are going to NYC this July without any kids. I am SO excited. His niece moved to Long Island 6 mths ago, has house and her roommates are gone the entire month of July. Plus, I have family there as well. My cousin, who use to a drummer for Anthrax, lives in NYC. I think he is now working on movies / mini-series. I have been struggling with whether or not to go, then I said 'the hell with it', we are going. I booked the tickets last week. We are going for 3 nights and 4 days. We have decided to take the kids to Texas over Thanksgiving rather than this summer - it will just be too damn hot to enjoy a trip this summer with the kids. So we will plan a few local fun things to do with them - day camp, a float trip, Six Flags etc.

*I may need to get an 'apartment' to express how I am feeling about my sister and the things going on her in life. Plus, I my best friend has some really personal / deep issues going on, and it might be helpful to lay it all out there. I will keep you posted it I set up residence in the pink housing unit. I am feeling really hindered and sufficated by it all.

Lastly, I am so bummed that I missed out on this past weekend blogger get together at the Atomic Cowboy..
I am nervous about meeting everyone, but anxious too. I feel like I know so many of you guys already. I PROMISE not to miss the next one. I could not make it this time, due to the fact that I was out of town, and then Lance had plans to go see the UFC fight with some friends.

I will post photos soon of our Sat afternoon out at the Soulard Market. We spent 4 hours down there on Saturday, strolling the market, buying fresh produce and playing on the play ground. That area really has our heart and soul. Even Lance commented -'I really like it down here, I could live here.' I just sighed 'yeah, me too.'.

Okay, one more thing. I did NOT feel the earthquake. I was in Lake of the Ozarks, and sleeping off my chocolate martini's from the night before. I hope everyone is safe and sound.
Signing off for now.......I have to blow my nose, wipe my eyes and curse mother nature.

Comments

Lisa said…
Can totally feel your pain on the allergy front. That sucks.

As for chocolate martinis. Yummy.

Oh you know what? I would visit your site, see the pic of the kiddos and assume you hadn't updated. But today I saw the April 21 date right below. Well, duh! I guess I should have been scrolling down all of these past weeks.

Popular posts from this blog

Pyper is 18! Watch out World, she is coming for you!

REALLY STUPID..

Joke - NOT funny.