Team Sports...


Well, it is official, my son is going to play football.
It is SO official. How come? He was able to buy his first cup.
*giggle, giggle

Saturday we stand in line, to pick up his equipment. And by 'we', I mean all of us. We get issued a helmet, shoulder pads, leg pads and pants. I figured we were done. They did not issue a uniform list. You know a list of must have items, therefore in my female mind I figured we were done.

In the car on the way to the country the conversation between father & son.
*note son has put on his foot ball pants and decides to ride in them.

Son - "Hey, dad..that was pretty cool. uh.'
Dad - 'Yeah, bud you have most of your stuff to get ready to play.'
Son - ' Yeah, I need cleats and a cup'.
* mom suddenly looks cross-eyed. WTF? I am thinking a 'water cup' - not a protection cup.
Dear god, he is ONLY 7.

Dad - ' right on. We will go Monday and pick up your shoes, a cup and a mouth piece.
Son - sits back and smiles.
Two minutes later...............
Son - 'Hey mom'
Mom ' What buddy.'
Son - 'Isn't it cool I get a cup. My first one too.'
Mom - 'Yeah, really cool.'
*************************************************************
Before I really put any thought into the question I posed the following question to my husband
Me - 'Why didn't they just issue him a cup and a mouth piece?'

HS - ' GROSS, are you kidding me.'
Me- thinking to self - you men are all gross......so no, not really kidding.
*****************************************************************
Tonight is our FIRST football practice. This is not tag and/ or flag football. As a mother I am stressed out. As a competitor, I hope he kicks butt and likes it.
Let's hope it has enough going on to keep Pyper's attention, otherwise I will be running up and down the field chasing my two year old.
Who, by the way, is potty training. Ahh, the wine money I will have when I don't have to buy diapers. *joking.

Comments

Farrell said…
good to hear from you again! good luck with the potty training!

Popular posts from this blog

Pyper is 18! Watch out World, she is coming for you!

REALLY STUPID..

Joke - NOT funny.