Fear...

Okay, so I have to go get a root-canal today. I am TERRIFIED!! Luckily, Lance does not have any work today, so he is off. Therefore I have instructed him that he will drive me. He will go back and hold my hand - not joking. I would ask my dad, if I though he would make the drive.


The lady in the office said, it should be no big deal - 'you can even go back to work, afterwards'. IS she crazy? I have never had a root-canal. I have had plenty of dental work, pulled teeth, wisdom teeth, 4 yrs of braces etc. I have terrible childhood memories, and wish they would just knock me out.

The scraping, the drilling makes my skin crawl. Makes my head spin. Lance thinks it is funny that I get so wound up. I have made my sick most of the morning with the anticipation.


And by the way - office staff - it does not help when you share your 'horror' stories with me. It is not comforting. Please, shut your PIE HOLE.

It is sort of like talking to a woman about to give birth, and telling her how 'terrible' your labor was. NOT HELPFUL. Then you follow up with the b.s. line of 'well, you know everyone is different, yours might be okay.' Thanks for the insight jack-off.

Clearly, I am wound-up. Tight as drum. I don't even know why I came to the office, I am not getting anything done. *Oh. that's right, I came to put 4 hours in today, so I don't have to a full day of sick time. Office JERKS.

I have visions of that movie 'little shop of Horror's' - remember the dentist (Steve Martin). ugh!!! You can click on the title FEAR and see the video. Good times at the dentist.
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Good luck.....I've never had one. I hope it wasn't too bad.
I hope the root canal went as well as possible and you're not in too much pain.

Popular posts from this blog

Pyper is 18! Watch out World, she is coming for you!

REALLY STUPID..

Joke - NOT funny.